Friday, December 12, 2008
Makin' Cookies
Ethan has been begging me for a couple of days to make cookies because we found some sweet cookie decorating stuff. I found a recipe in a cook book that I have used and really like the other recipes out of it. Unfortunately, this sugar cookie recipe stunk. It was so sticky, so I added more flour, put flour on the rolling pin and counter...to no avail. The dang dough would not cooperate. So, being the impatient person that I am I got mad and slapped the dough in its entirety on the cookie sheet and shoved it in the oven. It actually turned out pretty good. We made a cookie pizza, let Ethan decorate it, and sliced it up like a pizza with a pizza cutter and enjoyed. (Well, technically I didn't enjoy it...I don't like cookies. But the boys told me it was good. Which brings up a funny quote that I came across. "Never trust a skinny cook." I think it totally fits me. I'm not a good cook...if I try something new I make Jer taste it before I do. I don't like cookies and cakes. I should mount that saying on my wall and revel in its truth.)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment