Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MMMM....Yummy!

I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I get on these kicks where only one thing sounds really good to eat and I make it over and over until I'm sick of it. Well, that thing right now is homemade cornbread. Oh, it's so good. It's sweet and moist and one of the simplest recipes I've ever done. So I started thinking that I could post the recipe on here and let others share in the cornbreaded goodness and hopefully others would leave their favorite recipes and I could find a new favorite. So here it is:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients and bake in greased 9x9 pan for 30 minutes.
Try it....you won't regret it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Alright, I'm adding cornmeal to my grocery list. But if I regret making this - severe beatings for you. :)

TC Jolley said...

Sounds SO good... too bad I'm on a freakin' diet :)