Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mandibbles?

Alright, I figured I should write this story down to share with those of you who don't see me in person....because I guarantee that if you've gotten together with me recently, you've heard it.
Well, when I was still pregnant my sweet little 3 year old would always tell people that Boston was in his tummy, too. He got the idea from somewhere that babies cracked out of your belly (like a chick out of an egg.) So when my water broke and we were scurrying around getting things together to go to the hospital he said, "Mommy, is Boston cracking out now??" I told him yes and that we needed to hurry to the hospital so the doctors could help him out. Now we skip ahead a few weeks, and it has become apparent that I need to be better about being discreet when nursing Boston. This is because not too long ago Ethan said to me, "Mommy, when my Boston cracks out of my tummy I'm going to feed him with my boobies, too!! Mommy, where are my boobies?" So I started to tell him that he didn't exactly have boobies, but he had cool man nipples instead, to which he said, "Mandibbles? What are mandibbles?" At that point I was giggling too hard to continue that cute conversation!

5 comments:

Becky Johnson said...

haha. Dont kids say the darndest things?? That has to be the cutest thing I have ever heard. : ) How is life with 2 kids??

Jen and Jeremy said...

It's fun! It's not as hectic as I thought it would be....of course Jer is a ton of help, so my point of view of two kids may be really skewed. So I don't know your whole story...you're married and a step-mom?? What is that like? Hard? I imagine that there are many different kinds of challenges in that situation, but at the same time you reap the benefits of fun young ones at the same time. Are you going to be playing softball this year?

janet said...

Hi Jen!

I do remember you from HS and I know that your husband is such a nice guy! Fun to be back in touch!

Love the man nipples explanation. make him be proud of what he has! My husband still gets teased for "nursing" his kermit the frog doll when his mother had a newborn.. you can tell his future wife this story! cute!

Kristen said...

You know he gets this from Jer.

Andrea said...

Remember me??? Andrea (Hill). I saw your link on Jeff Roberts page. I haven't seen you since you got married!!! How are you? Your family looks so sweet. Check my blog out sometime, but it isn't really a family blog, more of my photography blog (although I haven't done anything new for a long time). Where are you guys now, Jen?